Templates. The PD “One Step” templates handle all date entries by simply populating one global extension template.
- This applies any range limits set up in Dictionary Field User Options.
- An Automatically populated procedure calendar extension templates can override the global settings for the procedure as a whole or any field.
- Several Code and Control Templates can be used to populate calendar buttons, recurring date entry, special date and time drop lists, and appointment lists.
Calendar Classes. Calendar Classes support a file drop calendar, a window calendar, and a popup calendar.
- All share basic features including display of holidays and scheduled dates, drag and drop capability, a popup menu, and help screen explaining calendar navigation.
- The popup calendar can be threaded using a built-in calendar thread management class.
- All calendars use the Date Class to support international information
- All calendars us the Scrolling Class to handle navigation.
- The popup calendar and window calendar also display the week of the year opposite each line of dates.
- The popup menu associated with the calendars provides a variety of “Jump To” functions.
- Support provided for the early version PD Date Tools Popup Calendar (full abbreviated month names, next and previous year buttons).
Drop Calendars. The drop calendar and its associated button are created at run-time.
- Behaves like a file drop list.
- Unlike a “Popup Calendar”, the drop calendar always locates itself immediately below or above the entry.
- The user also continues to be able to move to other locations on the window with a mouse click.
- The entry control is updated immediately as the user moves to different dates in the calendar.
- Pressing the escape key returns the original date.
Scrolling Class. The Scrolling Class uses an array of alerted keys to scroll change the current day by specified amounts. The Scrolling Class is used for date entries and all of the calendar List controls.
- With an array of alerted keys, dates may be scrolled by day, week, half month, month, same day of the month, first day of the month, last day of the month, first day of the year, last day of the year, quarter, same day of the quarter, year, same day of the year, first day of the first week of the year, and first day of the last day of the year.
- Includes Quicken alert keys, press “Y” to go to the end of the year and then the end of the next year or the Plus and Minus keys to increase or decrease the date by one.
- Tool tips display additional date information including the long date (day, month name, date, and four digit year), week of the year, day of the year, days left, holiday name, and scheduled date description.
Schedule Class. Provides date, time, and scheduling methods for both DATE and TIME and LONG data types. The class includes methods for handling holidays, scheduled items, business days, day and time duration recurring dates without the creation of duplicate records. It optionally checks whether new scheduled items conflict with existing scheduled items.
Date Class Date Rules. Rules for date calculations vary from country to country -- the US standard of Sunday being the first day of the week and the first week of the year being the one in which January 1 appears does not apply in most other countries. The Date Class functions for calculating the Week Of The Year or the Day Of The Week recognize these rules.
True or False Date Functions. Is it a holiday? The Date Class will calculate US holidays and any other holidays added at run time. Holidays affect the calculation of business days: whether a date is a business day and the number of elapsed business days between dates. The Date Class also provide functions for determining whether it is a leap year, valid date, or week day.
Recurring Date. A special True or False function determines whether a date B is a recurring instance of date A
- Recurrence can be daily, weekly, every two weeks, every half month, monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Recurrence may have starting and ending dates specified.
- Recurrence can be on the same day of the month where applicable, i.e. the third Wednesday.
- Recurrence can also be specified for specific days of the week, i.e. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday every other week with a starting and ending date. Only one record is required for the scheduled item.
Time Zone Information. 32-bit applications may retrieve local names for Standard and Daylight Savings time, the UTC (Universal Time) bias, the date and time of transitions, and the user's current set up. The Time Zone Code Template retrieves the user's time zone information. The template allows you to perform different actions depending on function call results: unknown time zone, standard time, daylight time, and function failure.
Source Code. ProDomus Date Tools include source code for all classes except the Date Class.
Appointment Class Add On. An Appointment Class, derived from the Schedule Class, provides a file handling interface that makes creation of an appointment list virtually the same as creating any other browse list.
- A control template populates the list plus add, change, and delete buttons.
- Methods can be overridden in the embed editor.
- Tabs are provided for icons, color, and cell level styles.
- Currently ABC only