PD Version Notes and Command Line Utility
This page was archived from the original ProDomus web page and is provided "as was".
Work Smarter with the PD Version Notes and Command Line Utility!
The PD Version Notes and Command Line Utility (PDCL) is really two programs in one -- a version work log and a command
line utility for changing elements of the clarion environment. It can be used with Clarion 2 and later versions. With this, you
can work faster and smarter:
- You record what you've done, when you did it, and in what version. If support or maintenance questions arise, you
can quickly research exactly when something was done using the simple text file created.
- You can modify your Clarion working environment to work smarter by using PDCL’s editor interface or direct commands. For
- Class Library Sets. In Multi DLL project that uses a limited set of class library files, you can copy the files to a separate
directory and start Clarion from a short cut forcing libraries to be loaded from that directory. This
eliminates unused class files from your application. It also allows you to modify files without changing the
originals or having them replaced by a new install.
- Clarion Menu. If you want to add a favorite tool to the Clarion menu, it can be done quickly from the Windows Run dialog using
the EDIT parameter. Menu items you add can run built-in Clarion Applets, a program you identify, or programs
associated with specific file extensions.
- File Dialogs. You can easily add and move file masks in the Clarion open file dialog and specify associated programs. If you have
a project that works with templates or a specific set of source files, you can set up and position file type mask
for these. You can also run programs like MS Word or your favorite help file editor.
- Dialog Order. You can easily change the order of items on the accessories menu so that those that you use more frequently are at
- Fix Inoperable Items. If important accessory items have become inoperable because menu capacity has been exceeded, they can easily be
- Translate the Environment. If you want to translate items in the Clarion environment or in the PDCL utility itself, you can do this in the
PDCL Edit window.
Version and Work Log
Add it to Programs to Execute at the end of your project file and use this simple program to keep of log of changes with each
compile by entering a note on the popup screen. This text
log file will contain date/time-stamped notes and a version
equate that you can use in your application. The utility can
also increment the version number or build number - just follow
the prompts on the screen. Including the file in
your application adds a version equate. Note that this
screen opens only when there are no command line parameters.
Change ABC Include File Directory
If you're tired of waiting for ABC include files to load or
are having your resources consumed by unnecessary classes, you
use the LIBSRC command line to look to a alternative ABC include
file directory limited to those files you need.
Simple create an icon with the right command line and click it
to start Clarion. The location will be set automatically.
Command Line Options
Use PD Commandline to add your favorate utilities and help files to your clarion environment. It may be run from an icon, the DOS prompt, the Windows Run dialog, or from a program
such as Wise InstallBuilder. Current options include the
- No Command - Display version notes window. Typically called from Accessories menu, this uses the current working
- Version Parameter defaults to 6. Options: are 2, 4, 5, 55 or 6]
- EDIT [Version - Defaults to Version=6] - Allows you to edit and translate Clarion
- User Menus
- File Types
- Open Dialog
- Pick Dialog
- Setup Menu
- PDCL Translations
- ENV EnvironmentVariable EnvironmentValue- sets the value of the passed environment variable.
- INCLUDE TplFile TpwFileToInclude [Version] – Allows you to add an include file to a template file.
- ABCPATH Path [Version] This will change ABC include file source directory and run clarion. Great for running Clarion project
using a selected set of class libraries from a shortcut.
- RED - Section Entry Path [Version] Adds path to [Section] and Entry in Clarion Redirection File
- REG - TemplateToRegister [Template2] [Template3] etc. [Version] – Note multiple templates may be registered from one command.
- RUN Command Line [Parm1] [Parm2] etc. – Run shellexec using the commandline and parameters.
Sample log/version File:
30 Oct 2006
PD Version Notes and Command Line Utility