A double mouse click, or clicking a look up button, or pressing the AltDown key pops up a selection browse. While the field is selected, the up and down arrows enter the next or previous record. The button is skipped when moving to the next field, avoiding an unnecessary stop in data entry. You may optionally pop up the browse as soon as the user presses a key without a matching record. The lookups utilize views which may use ranges and filters. Related fields may be populated from lookups; assignments can be disabled when a record is being edited. Multiple lookups may be done using the same lookup file without aliasing. Lookups without requiring a matching record in the lookup file. Some additional features of this library are:
- All source code class library
- Works with ABC and Clarion (Legacy) applications.
- Generates very few lines of code.
- A Translation File (.trn) allows you to control the size, text, and icon of the lookup button at run time.
- Record filtering and record validation.
- Resetting of the window for refreshing browses or other related filtered lookups.
- Optional Disabling of related field assignments when records are being changed.
- A large number of virtual methods.
- SQL Support
- Clarionet Support
Using local data allows multiple lookups into the same file. The lookup browse does not have to be in the procedure tree and can take parameters. The view can be hand coded if desired. The window can be reset upon acceptance or new selection to handle filters on other lookups and browses. Lookups can also be disabled when editing a record.
- Update of individual related fields can also be disabled when updating a record.
- The disabled-on-edit property may be overridden if the field to assign is blank when the window opens.
- The disable-on-edit property may also be overridden if the entry field is blank.
- From normalized databases, the button handles all the code for getting and displaying the lookup record and saving ID values.
A free update to version 10.01 is available to all existing owners of PD Lookups.
You will need to order this on
You can download the most recent SAF file