Using CapeSoft KeepingTabs
Using Keeping Tabs in Two Easy Steps!
apps, you need to do
this in every app where you want KeepingTabs to perform its magic.
- Add the global extension (Global -> Extensions -> Insert-> Activate CapeSoft KeepingTabs).
- On the Options tab:
Click OK to close the Global Extension dialog box and OK to close the application Global window.
- Turn KeepingTabs on locally -
if you check this, this means that KeepingTabs will be disabled by default and requires manually enabling on the procedures where you require it.
- You can either store settings in the Registry
(recommended for Vista support) or an INI file.
- Selecting INI storage allows you to select the INI file which KeepingTabs will use to store the information it requires
(Application INI by default). To use an alternative INI file, you can select the Other option and then enter the name of the ini file to store
(use quotes for a constant or use a variable name).
- Selecting Registry storage, allows you to select the registry key path.
This is the path within the HKEY_Current_User key. KeepingTabs will create
- By default, both the Tab selected and the Listbox Format will be stored, but you can disable either one globally here (by checkng the respective checkbox).
- List Box Settings - allows you to set the default LineHeight and GridColor to be used throughout this entire application
(which you can override these locally). If you don't want the LineHeight and GridColor set by default, then clear these template prompt fields.
You can use Makeover to set the LineHeight and the GridColor for lists, so to avoid conflict where both products exist in your application,
you need to choose whether Makeover or KeepingTabs controls the GridColor and LineHeight.
- Turn ActiveInvisible on for all browses - ActiveInvisible is off by default, which means that you need to manually issue a browse redraw in
wizarded sheets (with browses on the tabs that aren't initially shown). Checking this will make sure that your browses have data when you tab to them.
For testing and debugging you can globally disable KeepingTabs on the Global Extension by checking the Disable all KeepingTabs Features checkbox.
Customizing the KeepingTabs behaviour for individual Procedures and Controls
Disabling KeepingTabs on a particular procedure:
You can disable Keeping tabs for a particular procedure by right Clicking on the procedure and choose "Extension",
then checking the Disable KeepingTabs here checkbox on the local KeepingTabs procedure.
You can also disable the LineHeight and Gridcolor use for a particular procedure as well on the Options tab (by checking the respective checkboxes there).
Disabling or change the KeepingTabs behaviour for a specific Control:
You can also disable KeepingTabs for a particular for a particular control by right clicking on the procedure and choosing "Extensions".
Select the KeepingTabs extension from the list and click on the Options tab.
The Options tab contains a list of the controls that KeepingTabs affects.
- Checking the Disable LineHeight here means that KeepingTabs won't set the line height of all the browses on this particular procedure.
- Checking the Disable Grid Color here checkbox means that Keeping Tabs won't set the grid color of all the browses on this particular procedure.
- You can specify the procedure
name. This is particularly useful where a list box gets formatted
differently for different things - or depending on the procedure calling it
(like Secwin's SetAccess window). You want each instance (although it's the
same list box) - to be stored differently
- You can specify whether you would like the ActiveInvisible to be Default (i.e. taking the Global setting), or force it to either on or off.
You can select a control from this list, then click on the Properties button:
- Disable KeepingTabs for this control.
- Override LineHeight allows you to override the lineheight for that specific list control.
- Override gridcolor allows you to override the gridcolor for that specific list control.
KeepingTabs Version History
Download latest version here
Version 1.17 - 18 September 2017
Version 1.16 - 15 March 2016
Version 1.15 - 25 February 2015
- Fix: support for INI filenames that contain a ! as
the first character.
Version 1.14 - 7 February 2014
- Update: Installer detects Clarion 10
Version 1.13 - 14 May 2013
- Update: Installer detects Clarion 9.1
Version 1.12 - 30 May 2011
- Update: Installer detects Clarion 9
Version 1.11 - 10 November 2008
- Don't apply to wizarded sheets by default.
- Disable KeepingTabs for TabTree and HotDates lists
- For list controls - Can store last selection (off
by default) and last format (on by default)
- Code populated at the end of the Init routine (not
just after the window open)
Version 1.10 - 28 August 2008
- Clarion 7 compatible install.
Version 1.09 - 28 August 2008
- Fix - disable KeepingTabs was not disabling all code
generation (regression in 1.09).
Version 1.08 - 20 May 2008
- Feature - ability to save settings in the registry
rather than an ini file (Global Extenstion template setting).
- Feature - ability to specify the
name of the procedure
- Change - move the KeepingTabs format list to a
separate routine (which can be refreshed/called later if need be).
- Change - don't select a tab where the sheet has the prop:wizard on.
- Feature - detect for Makeover presence automatically.
Version 1.07 - 18 April 2007
- Feature - support for a variable in the 'Other' name of the ini file.
Version 1.06 - 4 October 2006
- Feature - support for Makeover's GridColor and LineHeight functionality
Version 1.05 - 24 July 2006
- Feature - support for Makeover
- Fix - Positioning of overlapping template prompts.
Version 1.04 - 8 June 2006
- Feature - turn ActiveInvisible on for all browses (For ABC) from the global template.
- Feature - if prop:wizard is set on a sheet, then don't select the tab saved.
Version 1.03 - 29 March 2006
- In tabbed forms - only goes to FirstField if a record is being inserted, otherwise the previous tab is selected.
Version 1.02 - 20 March 2006
- Saves format into a ini entry specific for each procedure (was not using unique variables
Version 1.01 - 24 January 2006
- Saves and compares the default format. If different
refers to the default format, instead of the saved one
(for changes made to the compile of the list).
- Turn on KeepingTabs locally, allows each KeepingTabs window
to be activated manually (instead of all being
on and having to turn all off, if only required on
a couple of windows).
Version 1.00 - 16 January 2006
- Fix for multiple browses/sheets on a window (stores
settings for each control individually).
- First release of CapeSoft KeepingTabs