My current saf password does not work on the latest File Explorer install. Where do I get a new password?
Open the door to a whole new world! File Explorer lets you embed a whole range
of document types directly into your application. Embed a Web Browser on your
window. Play all music, and video files. View PDF's. Edit HTML (web) pages. Based on
the legendary COM classes by Andy Ireland. Nothing is faster! Nothing is more
- Browse AND Edit HTML files
- Full Browser control - allow the user to browse and view any content
that can be accessed using InternetExplorer.
- Automated web sites - fill and submit forms, automate navigation,
- View PDF files
- Play Sound files - supported formats include MP3, Wav, Snd, Au, MID, M3U and MPE
etc. (all formats supported by Windows Media Player)
- Play Video files - supported formats include MPEG, Mov, AVI, WMV and QT
etc. (all formats supported by Windows Media Player)
- Play Macromedia Flash (SWF) Files
- Simple to add a control to your program in a matter of minutes. Each "Viewer"
control can play any number of file formats, you choose which file formats
are supported for each control.
- Add multiple viewers to any procedure, including multiple viewers of
the same type to provide powerful and flexible interfaces such as tabbed
- Display Email (EML) and Web Archive (MHT) files directly in your
- Provide a full email viewer and composer quickly and easily.
- Rich document editing and easy "mail merge" style functionality.
- Extensive examples and documentation.
- Leverage the power of the NetTalk WebServer classes and template
directly within your application to "serve" any data directly out of
memory, or from a database.
What's New in File Explorer 5?
What do I need to do to upgrade from File Explorer 4 to File Explorer 5?
Why is Capesoft charging for an upgrade from
File Explorer 4 to File Explorer 5?
- Extensive new documentation, updated and improved examples, new classes to
improved HTML editing and media viewing, new file handling classes and much
- Completely new HTML Editor (the old editor is still supported, but
deprecated). Provides a fast, robust and feature rich editor. A few of the
features of the new editor:
- Compatible with all version of Windows, including Windows Vista and
Windows Server 2008.
- Requires only Internet Explorer 5.5 or later on the machine, there are
no other dependencies.
- Generates HTML with Internet Explorer 5, 6, 7 and Gecko browser
(Mozilla / Firefox / Netscape) compatibility.
- XHTML 1.0 support (generates clean, standard compliant XHTML code)
- Font formatting: type, size, color, style, bold, italic, etc.
- Text formatting: alignment, indentation, bullets list, etc.
- CSS (cascading style sheets) support for a better integration with
web sites and cleaner, faster, small code with better consistency.
- What You See Really Is What You Get. Pages are rendered by IE as you
edit them, so the rendering is very accurate.
- Cut, Paste and Paste as Plain Text, Undo and Redo.
- Paste from MS Word cleanup with auto detection.
- Link creation.
- Anchors support.
- Image insertion.
- Table creation and editing (add, delete rows, etc) - one of the best
systems in the market.
- Table cells editing (size, colours, etc).
- Form fields.
- Right click context menus support.
- Complete toolbar customization.
- Easy menu customization and skins (add your own styles,
font-formats, etc ...).
- Skins support.
- Plug-in support.
- Spell checker integration via SpellerPages (additional built-in spell
checking options coming soon!)
- Multi-language support, including Right to Left scripting.
- Complete page editing, including visually setting the overall page
- Lightweight and fast.
- Automatic browser detection and support for IE 5.5 and upwards.
- Load from memory or disk or URL.
- Save to memory or disk .
- Full access to the editor and editor data programmatically.
- Easily customizable, fully skin-able and can be modified without
requiring a recompile of the application.
- Easily customizable toolbars, including runtime customization and
additions (no recompile required).
- Ability to get and set the text or HTML simply by calling a method.
- Much, much more!
- Full access to the DOM of the edited page coming soon!
- New feMedia2 class replaces the old feMedia class. The new class
automatically uses the new version of the Windows Media Player interfaces if
they are available and falls back to the old version. Implements backward
compatibility for existing code, although some methods may not work with the
new Media Player control because of changes in the underlying Media Player
control. The new media player features almost a hundred new methods for
interfacing with Windows Media Player and there is still a significant
amount of additional functionality that will be added.
- Major documentation update and rearrangement.
- New documentation for the new feMedia and feEditor classes.
- Moved all documentation towards XHTML and CSS based, without any inline
- New feFile class that provides file loading and saving, using the Windows
API, as well as providing functions to manage file names and paths. New
methods: Load, Save, ErrorTrap, FileNameFromPath, PathOnly.
Clarion Online Says...
Bottom line: File Explorer is a great way to expand the
visual vocabulary of your programs, and offers a lot of bang for
the buck. If you want to add any kind of pre-formatted or dynamic
contents to your programs, it is definitely worth checking out."
Clarion Online (Oct 2001)
Documentation & Support
Documentation for the product is available here
for further support.
|The price of File Explorer is $267. It is available for purchase from
|The upgrade is available for purchase at
For other payment options please contact us here
CapeSoft believes that if you aren't satisfied with our products, we would like them back - and we
will refund you the money. This allows you to purchase our products with confidence.
You can read our full refund policy here