Lookups are one of the features common to pretty much any Clarion application.
They have been in our applications since the days of Clarion for DOS. Most
lookup controls though are very feature-poor, forcing the user to use out-dated
techniques to look up related records.
RecentLookups adds two key features to your application. First it provides a
very powerful lookup control for use on your forms. This control hides the
"code" field from the user, displaying the looked-up description instead. It
comes with auto-complete functionality, and allows the user to type in
either code, or description values.
Secondly it creates a "recent" section at the top of browses called in
lookup mode. This means that users who are selecting from a list find their
most recent choices at the top of the list. this makes selecting common
items a lot quicker and easier.
- Show the user the description field being entered, rather than the
"Code" value of the looked-up record.
- Auto-Complete partial entries, as the user types in the field.
- Allow the user to enter either the code, or description, and accept that
as valid input
- If the user goes to a browse, in Lookup mode, show the most recent
selections at the top of the browse.
- Supports multi-component lookup keys
- No DLL's - all source code (templates and classes)
Documentation & Support
Documentation for the product is available here
for further support.
The price of RecentLookups is $199.
It is available for purchase from
For other payment options please contact us
CapeSoft believes that if you aren't satisfied with our products, we would like them back - and we
will refund you the money. This allows you to purchase our products with confidence.
You can read our full refund policy here